What are seat requests?
During the registration process a person can request to sit with another person. When a seating request is made, Ministry Sync will flag this guest in the Ungrouped Member list.
Click on the Seat Request link to view the request.
- Find the person who is being requested using the Search/Reports link in the blue menu bar.
Tip: You can also use your browser's Find feature. In All Members, use Ctrl+F (or on Mac Cmd+F) and enter the search term in the search box in your browser.
- Move the requester to the group the requested is in. Once you move a person who has a Seating Request out of the Ungrouped Members list, the seating request link will no longer be shown in the Registration Details. It will reappear if the person is moved back to Ungrouped Members.
- If you want to insure that the guest is never split up from the party they requested to sit with, assign them the same party number.
Note: Seating Requests are tied to the party number. Once you change the party number of the person who has a seating request, the seating request will be deleted.
Changing a guest's seat request
- Click on the Search/Reports link in the blue menu bar.
- Click on the Add/Remove Columns button above the search results.
- Select the Requested Seating checkbox from the field list, and click on the Continue button at the bottom of the Change the Search Results page.
- Search for the person you want to change the request seating.
- Click on the seat request you want the change.
- Make changes and click "Save".
View or add a seat request after moving guest from ungrouped
If you move the guest back to Ungrouped Members, his Seating Request will reappear. You can also view seating requests in the Search/Reports area. Start by following the same steps for changing a seating request:
- Click on Search/Reports link.
- Click on the Add/Remove Columns button
- Check the box (in the left column) next to Requested Seating
- Click on the Continue button at the bottom of the page
This will bring up a list of all of your registered guests and their seating request, if they indicated one, regardless of what group they are currently in.
Note: To add a seat request after the registration has been complete, follow the above steps to add the Requested Seating column to Search/Reports. The word Empty will appear in that column for each person who does not have a seat request, just click on the word to edit.